How Can You Get Relief FromHeadaches And Congestion With Essential Oils
Sinus infections can be miserable for millions Americans.
It isn’t easy to make it through the day if you feel unwell, are suffering from congestion, or are suffering from headaches. While over-the-counter medications can provide some relief, they typically come with side consequences that can range from uncomfortable to dangerous.
Essential oils offer a natural way to treat sinus problems and get relief from your symptoms. In this post, we’ll describe the essential oils for sinus infection that you can use. We will also provide you with some recipes for blends that can be used to alleviate the symptoms.
How essential oils can help in sinus infections?
The best way to get relief from sinus-related infections is to utilize essential oils. They can help clear congestion and help fight the infection. The following essential oils are particularly beneficial for sinus infections:
Eucalyptus oil Eucalyptus essential oil has powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is a great oil to reduce congestion and fight infection in the nasal passages.
Peppermint oil A different essential oil that has antimicrobial as well as antiseptic qualities is peppermint oil. It helps eliminate mucous and bacterial which could cause sinus infections.
Lemon oil lemon oil refreshing essential oil that helps to relieve congestion and fight infection. It also functions as an natural detoxifier, and can help to clear out toxins in the body.
Tea tree oil: This powerful antimicrobial oil is used to treat sinus infections caused by bacteria and fungus.
The Advantages of Using Essential Oils for Sinus Infection
- They are completely natural and do not cause any side effects.
- They are easy to use, and are able to be added to diffusers or directly inhaled.
- They’re quick to fight infection and clear congestion.
- They also aid in helping cleanse the body and improve overall health.
When To Use Essential Oils To Treat Sinus Infections:
- If you’re experiencing headaches, congestion, or fever, essential oils may assist in providing relief.
- Essential oils can be utilized to accelerate healing if you suffer from sinus infections.
- If you are experiencing chronic sinus infections, using essential oils regularly could help stop these from happening.
Here are some tips to be aware of while using essential oils to treat sinus infection:
If you are pregnant, nursing, or have any other medical issues it is essential to talk with a physician prior to using essential oil.
- Some essential oils should not be used with children under two years of age.
- essential oils for sinus infection (terrysnaturals.com/)
- Before applying essential oils to the skin, always dilute the oils before applying them to your skin.
- Do not ingest essential oils without consulting a healthcare professional.
How to Use Essential Oils to treat Sinus Infection:
You can use essential oils to treat sinus problems in many ways.
- Inhale the scents directly out of the bottle, or through diffuser.
- Inhale the steaming water vapors by adding the essential oils in the bowl.
- Use a few drops on your temples and foreheads using carrier oils like coconut oil or olive oils.
- A few drops of essential oil can be added to hot tubs.
- Make detox tea with honey, ginger, and lemon (recipe below).
Detox Tea Recipe
- Fresh ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- Lemon slices, frozen or fresh
- Honey, raw honey is best
All ingredients should be brought to the point of boiling in a small pot. Reduce heat , and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain the tea and enjoy it warm. Drink a cup or two of detox tea every day if you have an infection of the sinuses.
Let us conclude by saying there are many options to treat sinus infections. These methods should make you feel better and get rid of the symptoms.